Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rat Race

Time: 5:24pm
Venue: Office
Mood: Extremely Restless

I am sick of being an official member of the rat race.
I wake up at 7.30am every morning, moan and groan for 10 min, brush my teeth at 7.40, whine and whimper for another 10, moan and groan while I change, whine and whimper while I heave my heavy body outta my house, and lastly, stifling my moans and groans while I whine and whimper at the sardines on the train.
I reach the office at 9.15, try to be nice to everyone with a chirpy 'good morning!', eat my breakfast staring blankly into my computer screen so that I seem hardworking, and then settle into my seat, waiting for lunch break's arrival, for I am usually unproductive before lunch.
After lunch, I would sit around and patiently wait for the arrival of the end of day, as I am usually unproductive after excessive intake of food.
All the while whining, whimpering, moaning and groaning silently.
After work I would drag my very tired body home, as sitting around for 8 hours doing nothing but whining, whimpering, moaning and groaning can be very exhausting.
That is a typical work day of my life.

I’ve been trying to lose a little weight so that I wouldn’t look fat for the finals (to avoid another scenario of the double chin photos saga that’s been splashed all over the web and magazines), and the office boredom brought my diet right down to zero because I had to eat cookies and candies the whole afternoon to keep myself occupied.

I think I should resign to my fate… and... double chin…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg! finally an entry i can actually read!! just admit it, you missed me cause i wasn't around to entertain you today. haha!

jean said...

hee hee
i have to agree with karen about the reading bit. hm
hehh omy ! ive just started my 1 month diet today (: u can join me.
hurr
ok ! gdbye ! (:
cheeerrruppppppssssssssssssssss

SpyMaster said...

cos i was in the office, and my computer doesn't have chinese software...

haha!

glad that its easier on your eyes though... hah.

Anonymous said...

chey.. don't worry ivy!! I've been keeping up with your chinese posts as well. and if you ever run out of Starbursts, can ask from my mom. bet she still has a bit left..

ff

The Creator