Sunday, November 11, 2007

Chitty chitty bang bang-ed, A*mei-ed and finally Stardust-ed.

I've always been a great fan of musicals and theatre productions, you name it, I've watched it.
Phantom of the Opera, Miss Saigon, Cabaret, Chang and Eng, and a great deal of local productions like Beauty World.
So you can imagine my excitement when I was invited to one of the bigger musical productions this year, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

A musical catered for children, you'd think that a big kid like me would have enjoyed it. Well... it wasn't too bad, but turns out I'm NOT that much of a kid. So during one of those bored-shitless moments, I snuggled up to R and whispered to him... "you know... we can do a Singapore version of the musical... Chitty Chitty Kennah Banged." We sniggered quietly, and went back to our original slouching positions for the rest of the show. That was the high of the night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the contrary, during A*Mei's concert, the 3 hours concert was high, high into the sky. We sang along (thanks to the provided lyrics on the screen), hummed along, grooved along, and finally danced along to her 'Power Voice'. Its been years since I first saw her in the National Stadium, and she is equally powerful, if not better. It was plain torture to drag my tired ass to work the very next day. The concert has drained all my energy for the rest of the week, but it was all worth it. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After I've recuperated from the concert, I went for a night of magical adventures catching Stardust in the movies. It was fabulously-fantastic! Glad to say that Claire Danes has not lost her touch since she was Juliet in... well... Romeo and Juliet. As usual, the gang and I came out of the theatre thinking that we have magically transformed into one of the characters, as we did when we saw X-Men, Spiderman, Hairspray etc...etc...

And I think we've found the perfect role for our budding actor, R, for his debut movie. Robert De Niro's "Captain Gay" in the movie. HAHA.

3 comments:

ronaldisthewan said...

*grrrrrrrrrrrrrr* (FAKE grunt)

the only living boy in new york said...

Wah shiok ah get to see so many concerts... Amei is also coming to NYC... next week during Thanksgiving actually.. There is this big poster of her in Chinatown, pretty cool. Haha

So got media discount or not? *hopes for Yanzi to have concert in the summer*

Amei v Sammi? Which was better? I'm guessing Amei...

Anonymous said...

He Ivy....please change your photo here...Add more new photo la...Hope to see your latest photo my sweet DJ.

The Creator