Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Cantonese

I have to admit this, I've always had this thing for cantonese songs, HK drama serial and movies, and of course, cantonese the language itself. Ironically, I don't speak a single word of it. Haha. I've always wanted to pick it up, but sadly, I can't even get the pronounciation right.

My attempts always make my cantonese speaking friends burst out in laughter.

E.g.

几多钱?
I'd go "ge~ei doo qi~in...?"

But I try really hard learning to sing the cantonese songs. A few success stories, and during the ktv sessions, if the music is really loud and my mic really soft, I can actually get by without anyone noticing... hurhurhur. (I am really quite proud of that.)

So, this is my 'new' song i want to conquer, 'new' only to me as it is a really old song. But the lyrics are so damn fast that my tongue often end up in knots... I'm considering marrying a cantonese, just so that I'd have someone to learn the language with...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol JY on ur cantonese i wanted to learn too, but in vain,even though my gf was from HK my canto sucks..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SpyMaster said...

haha. thanks candy! (sorry had to remove ur comment cos I realise ur email was on it. :P)
Do share with me the pronounciation! i'm having sucha hard time.... haaha

J.me Ko said...

Well... i like Cantonese song and HK drama too...

I wanted to learn Cantonese too. same problem with u... so in KTV will turn the music loud!!! we uses the same TRICK! hahaha...

Anonymous said...

想不起
siong but hei
怎么会病到不分好歹
zum mo wui bang dou but fun hou dai
连受苦都甜美
lin sau fu dou tin mei
我每日捱着不睬不理
ngor mui yat ngai jiok but choi but lei
但却捱不死
dan kiok ngai but sei
又去痴缠你
yau hoei qi qin nei
难道终此一生
nan dou zong qi yad sung
都要这么
dou you zjie mo
不可争一口气
but hor zang yad hau hei

很谦卑
han hin bei
只不过是我太过爱你
ji but guo xi ngor tai guo ngoi nei
连自尊都忘记
lin ji jun dou mong gei
跌到极麻木只好相信
dit dou gek ma muk ji hou siong shun
又再爬得起
yau joi pa dak hei
就会有转机
zau wui yau jun gei
若我不懂憎你
yuok ngor but dong zang nei
如何离别你
yu hor lei pid nei
亦怕不会飞
yek pa but wui fei

由这一分钟开始
yau zjie yad fun zhong hoi qi
计起春风秋雨间
gai hei choon fong cau yu gan
恨我对你以半年时间
han ngor deui nei yi buen nin si gan
慢慢的心淡
mun mun dek sum tam
付清账单
fu qieng jiung dan
平静的对你热度退减
peng zeng dek deui nei yid dou toei gam

一天一点伤心过
yad tin yad dim siong sum guo
这一百数十晚
zjie yad pak sou sup mun
大概也够我送我来回
dai koi ya gau ngor song ngor loi wui
地狱又折返人间
dei yuk yau jit fun yan gan
春天分手
choon tin fun sau
秋天会习惯
cau tin wui ziup guan
苦冲开了便淡
fu cong hoi liu bin tam


(说甚么再平反)
xuit sum mo joi peng fun
只怕被迫一起更碍眼
ji pa bei bek yad hei gung ngoi ngan
(往后这半年间)
wong hau zjie buen nin gan
只爱自己
ji ngoi ji gei
虽说不太习惯
soi xuit but tai ziup guan
毕竟有限就当过关
but geng yau han zau dung guo guan

Anonymous said...

hey ivy!!! hope it helps!!! tho its not 100% accurate.. coz some cantonese words its hard to translate accurately.. if u need any other songs can just drop me an email...!! i can help u translate... (: enjoy singing..

SpyMaster said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! That's amazing!!! haha... now i can at least sing louder than the music. :D Thanks again candy!

The Creator