Sunday, August 12, 2007

Techno Cock!!!


After a long looong loooooooong wait, I finally managed to catch 881 this week! (Been on the night shift lah...)
The movie awed me with its simplicity.
No fluff, no fancy sets, no unrealistic storylilnes in a picture perfect world. Just characters you might meet in your everyday life, leading the life of a true blue Singaporean, playing out a story that could happen to you, to me, to anyone.
Dazzling costumes so stunning you wouldn't take your eyes off the screen for 1 second.
881 connected to me like no other films ever did, dialogues that you actually hear in your daily routine. Just the other day, R said 'There are actual lines that my mom uses on me!!!' E.g. (In Hokkien: 太阳都晒到屁股了,还不要起来?!’)
It had me in stitches first half of the show, and tears in the second.
Completed with artistic camera works and brilliant art directions.
What else can you ask for in a movie?

Of course, my favourite character in the show, the Techno Cock!


If you are slower than I am, GO CATCH IT NOW! Its worth every penny of your $9.50!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES YES! 881! nice show! haha!
TAKE CARE!

`eileen; eileen--chua.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

hey there ivy,

havent watched 881 yet, but it really seems to be a nice show based on all the reviews. hope to catch it soon!

heard abit of ur hosting over the past few nights. jus wanna say jiayou for your new shift on monday~ all the best!

SpyMaster said...

Thanks Meikian! :)
Catch the movie soon! Its definitely worth your money.

The Creator