Thursday, August 30, 2007

艾薇 Vs Ivy

Ok ok, it's been 1 month since I've started in 93.3, and 2 weeks since the morning shift kicked in.
Am still taking some of time trying to get used to it, and the feedbacks had been mixed.
Thank you for your comments and feedbacks, I will take the constructive ones and work even harder on it.

Recently, there had been alot of questions on the use of my English name.
I actually don't know how it got started, but everybody called me Ivy, and I guess I just went along with it.
Some like Ivy, cos its easy to SMS/read. Some prefer 艾薇, cos it goes better in a chinese station.
I'm ok with both, cos essentially it is just a direct translation from each other.
I'm kinda torn between the 2.
And so, the battle of 艾薇 Vs Ivy begins.



Well well, that's not really Ivy nor 艾薇, but as long as I can get the point across... :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel that you are suitable to appear in the night programmes...One thing is I dun listen to night programmes in all radio.. another thing is ur voice is suitable...
U suan pp leh I find it very lame in the morning session...I can filter off ur words..hahaha...

Anonymous said...

To anonymous (Aug 31st'07)

Can see that u're a pretty confused and contradicting person. Since u said that u can filter off Ivy's words, so it dosen't matter what she said. and are u sure that she is the only DJ that 'Suan' ppl?? seriously i dun think so.

It not up to u or even Ivy to decide which shift she'll be in. it was decided by higher authority. and i'm sure that with their experience and judgement, they sure have their reason to place Ivy in morning program. personally, i feel that Ivy's voice is suitable for program around the clock. if u dunno how to appreciate, juz buzz off.

dustmite said...

Anonymous (31st Aug 07), kudos for hiding under the cowardly non authored comment, no really, kudos. There's usually more truth in anonymous comments. I agree with you that Ivy sounds really good in the evening programme because I heard her and I think her personality, charm and lively voice is tonnes better than expected for someone still new in the DJ scene.
You said you don't listen to night radio, so you couldn't have known how good she was. So that shallow, blow below the belt and mostly inconsequential comment you made is "very lame... i can filter off your words." - right back at you.
I bet that's a huge reason why Ivy won the DJ competition and not you. Oh, am I being assumptious that you were a participant or a upset fan that your "idol" didn't make it? Yes I am. I figured it's better to stoop to your (and/or your "idol") level to communicate with you, to get the message across. For you, you need a few more rounds in the reincarnation wheel to understand things at higher levels.
So while Ivy progresses to achieve greater successes in the media scene, you can keep on squeaking biased and awful judgements in that little corner of yours. Yes, please keep it up. The amusement is welcomed.

dustmite said...

And anyway, I think either Ivy or 艾薇 is fine. Ivy is apt in modern Singapore where you call your friends in their English name but still communicate in Mandarin. At the end of the day, you're your listener's friend, right?
Oh and, of course you have more to improve on. If you've already reached your potential, you would already have advanced beyond the shores of Singapore. :P

The Creator