Thursday, July 31, 2008

31st July 2008: I'm 1 year old!

There are some certain days in a year that will mean a whole lot to each individual.
For some, its christmas, or new years. For me, its my birthday, and today.
Once a year, during my birthday, I feel so loved by everyone in my life that cares. Those gestures of love are not something one can replaced easily.

And today, the 31st of July, also made its way to my 'special days calendar'.
Because today is the day that I turn 1 year old, at Y.E.S 93.3
Time flew, and I went from a green horn to a... well... pretty much still a newbie.
So much has happened in the last 365 days, some were good, some were rocky, and most of it fabulous.
Initially it took a lot of getting used to. Getting used to public scrutiny, doing everything knowing that someone else may be observing you, and of course having total strangers hurling insults at you every chance they have.
Some feedback were constructive, some were ridiculous. At the top of my ridiculous list, someone asked me to die or go to jail so he/she don't have to listen to my voice on 933 anymore.
Honestly, that hurt. Initially.
Then, I thought to myself 'Damn, I'm new at this job, if no one else is giving you a chance, the least you could do is give yourself a chance.' And I did. And I'm so glad I did.
The past year had been nothing less than amazing. I've enjoyed every single moment of it.
I've found my perfect job.
I still have so much to learn, and I aim to push myself further and harder.
But all these would of course had not been possible without someone else in my life.
Someone who had been giving me chances, realizing my dream of becoming a DJ, giving me opportunities whenever she could. I can't express my gratitude enough.
Everyone has a 伯乐 in their life.
And I'm extremely lucky I've found mine.

10 comments:

dustmite said...

Gambatte!

Icygobi said...

Wow.. time flies...

It seems like only few months ago when I first heard your voice on air.

Anyway, congrats and best wishes :)

Minyi said...

加油哦!!!

Hoping to see ya soon togather with Sharon....

Anonymous said...

rocckkk on =D

Paul said...

Ivy, just to say u have done well. Keep it going. :)

Anonymous said...

很久沒有在弦歌點歌了! 還記得我吧!
一定要加油! 因為一定會有人支持你的!
生日快樂!
and jiayou for everything you do! its geat hearing you on air! especially during 弦歌!加油加油!

Anonymous said...

those people who insulted u sux =)

ivy rox =D

SpyMaster said...

thank you so so much..
i really really really really really reallllllly appreciate this... :D

LeiN said...

may i ask u 1 Q?wat's the eng song that u & pei fen intro last 9??shuang yu party..pls reply me..

Anonymous said...

u are a great DJ=]

The Creator